Title : From The 212
Artist : KOSH
The Casa Voyager rising producer shines the light on his favorite tunes for a delightful hour of timeless grooves.
– Tell us more about yourself.
My name is Youssef Benjelloun, and I’m a music composer from Casablanca, Morocco.
– What is the main idea behind this selection?
I selected my favorite tracks of the moment, that’s pretty much it.
– What are your influences when it comes to music?
I lived in the U.S. for a few years and that has had a huge influence on me and my music. The American scene, both early and modern, definitely steers and shape my sound. I think the genres that have the most impact would be acid house and Detroit electro/technobass.
– What’s your best memory when it comes to your music career?
That would definitely be the release of the first record on our label Casa Voyager. It’s something we’ve been talking about for quite some time and thanks to Driss Bennis (the mastermind behind the project also known as OCB) it happened. The release was pretty well welcomed and that motivated us to continue the project and push harder.
– What are you listening to the most lately?
Mostly electro and breaks. A bit of acid. Some Detroit stuff too…
– As a Moroccan artist/DJ, how was your journey so far?
It’s been great. A lot of good things happened since I came back to Morocco, and the best is yet to come.
– What’s next for you?
I have an EP on Casa Voyager, a few gigs in Morocco, and Oasis festival later this year. Catch the train.
- Behringer threatens Chinese blog that called them ‘shameless people’
- ALBUM REVIEW : Tin Man – Acid Acid Acid